From the Manufacturer
Outfitted with rapid-response MSA XCell® sensors, the ALTAIR 4XR Gas Detector is the toughest 4-gas monitor on the market and is backed by a 4-year warranty. The ALTAIR 4XR can also provide real-time incident awareness to team members, supervisors, safety managers and others when paired with the MSA ALTAIR Connect app via a Bluetooth® wireless connection.
- Sense gas 2 times faster than the industry average with our XCell sensors
- Quickly update MSA ALTAIR 4XR settings via the ALTAIR Connect app (available on the Google Play Store)
- Send event notifications via text message with the ALTAIR Connect app
- Survives 25 drops from 4 feet (1.2 meters) (MIL-STD-810G 516.6 Transit Drop 3rd Party Certified)
- Can survive an incidental 25-foot (7.5-m) drop onto concrete
- Dust- and waterproof IP68 rating (2 meters for at least 1 hour)
- Operating temperature range: -40°F to +140°F (-40°C to +60°C)
- 4-year instrument & sensor warranty
- Confirm compliance quickly with the Bump LED & on-screen checkmark
- Bump and calibrate with 1/2 the test gas and in 1/2 the time vs. industry average
- Bump and calibrate at a specified "Time of Day" with your MSA GALAXY® GX2 Automated Test System
- MotionAlert option tells others that user has become immobile
- User-activated InstantAlert notifies others of a potentially dangerous situation
- Fire Service
- General Industry
- Oil and Gas
By downloading the free MSA ALTAIR Connect App from Google Play, any compatible Android device becomes an enhanced safety and productivity tool when paired with the ALTAIR 4XR Detector.
- Get gas detection readings and man-down alerts
- Configure instruments remotely
- Automate gas detector records and events
- Drive greater productivity and greater workflow efficiency
- Achieve supervisory awareness of worker safety
- Send gas alarms via text
- Update Detector Settings
- Create Notification Groups
- Email Calibration Details
- Live Gas Readings
- Non-Compliance Warnings
MSA Altair 4XR Calibration Guide
- Turn the MSA Altair 4XR on in normal reading mode. Do this by pressing and holding the center button.
- Once the MSA Altair 4XR is in normal reading mode, you need to send it into calibration mode. Do this by pressing and holding right "UP" button until it beeps at you and the screen asks you to zero the monitor (sensor refresh on the MSA Altair 4XR).
- Now that the screen is asking for confirmation, press the center button once to confirm. This will send the monitor into zeroing mode. Now is a good time to set the monitor down, and grab your calibration gas, regulator, and calibration adapter.
- Open the valve on your regulator before attaching it to the gas cylinder. This is a very important step so you do not ruin your calibration gas cylinder. Now screw it in to your calibration gas cylinder. Close the regulator once you hear gas spewing out of it. This is the signal to know your regulator is good to close. Continue screwing in the regulator until it stops. Do not overturn it.
- Attach the tubing to the hose barb on your regulator. Make sure the tubing is also connected to your calibration adapter.
- Wait for the screen to come up asking for you to apply calibration gas. Once this screen comes up, press the center button again to confirm. Clip the calibration adapter in to your gas detector. Once it is clipped on, turn on your gas.
- Make sure your calibration gas values on the screen match what is on your calibration gas cylinder!
- Once the calibration procedure is completed, turn your gas off and remove the calibration adapter from the MSA Altair 4XR. The screen will go back to normal reading mode within a few seconds.
- Congratulations! You have officially calibrated your MSA Altair 4XR gas monitor. Make sure to record these readings in your calibration log!
Standard Sensor Settings for the MSA Altair 4XR
|Sensor Type||Calibration Gas Value||Low Alarm||High Alarm||TWA Alarm||STEL Alarm||Part Number|
|H2S - Hydrogen Sulfide||20ppm||10ppm||15ppm||10ppm||15ppm||10106725|
|CO - Carbon Monoxide||60ppm||25ppm||100ppm||25ppm||100ppm||10106725|
|LEL - Methane Curve||58% LEL||10% LEL||20% LEL||N/A||N/A||10106722|
|O2 - Oxygen||15% O2||19.5%||23.0%||N/A||N/A||10106729|