Altair 2X General Info
Low cost of ownership:
- Fastest sensor response times, lowest calibration gas flow rate on the market
- 4-year expected sensor life
- 3-year warranty on instrument & most sensors (2 years on Cl2, NH3)
- Stand-alone bump tests reduce maintenance, increase productivity (ALTAIR 2XP only)
- 1 device can monitor 2 gases (ALTAIR 2XT only)
Increased safety awareness & real-time compliance:
- Stand-alone bump test anytime, anywhere without specific calibration gas (ALTAIR 2XP only)
- Bump pass: green LED flash every 15s, large on-screen checkmark
- Bump fail or expiration: red LED flash every 15s, no checkmark
- End-of-sensor-life warning and alarm
- Sensor Range: 0-1999 ppm
- Records 75 alarm events
- 150+ hours of periodic data (ALTAIR 2X and 2XP)
- 100+ hours of periodic data (ALTAIR 2XT)
- Compatible with MSA GALAXY® GX2 Automated Test System and MSA Link Pro software
- Tough over-molded rubber armor
- Survives multiple 25-ft drops onto concrete
- Agency-certified dust- and water-tight IP67 construction
- Intrinsically-safe design
- ALTAIR 2XP Gas Detector with XCell Pulse Technology: H2S
- ALTAIR 2X Gas Detectors: CO, CO-HC (High Concentration), CO-H2 (Hydrogen Resistant), H2S-LC, SO2, NO2, NH3 and Cl2
- ALTAIR 2XT Two-Tox Gas Detector: CO/H2S, CO-H2/H2S, CO/H2S-LC, CO/NO2 and SO2/H2S-LC
- Available in charcoal gray and glow-in-the-dark housing
- Contact MSA for alternate or custom set points
Altair 2X Calibration Guide
Calibrate Altair 2X
- Turn on the device by holding down the button on the monitor till the hour glass on the display disappears, other wise it will just shut off.
- Once the device is on hold the button for a few seconds till you see Test Gas?
- Once you see Test Gas? Hold the button once again for 2-3 seconds.
- This will bring up the Test Cal? screen. Press the button to confirm.
- FAS? will now appear on the screen. Press the button to confirm. This will zero the device and set the reading to fresh air.
- Once done Cal? will appear. Press button to confirm you are ready to calibrate.
- Apply the correct gas to the device using the tube.
- The device will beep and let you know if the calibration has passed or failed.