GX-6000 General Information
GX-6000 Sample Draw With PID & Super Toxics: Simply put, the GX-6000 is a game changer. This powerful hand-held instrument is capable of simultaneously monitoring up to 6 gases. In addition to the standard 4 confined space gases which include combustibles, O2, CO, & H2S, the GX-6000 has 2 additional smart channels that accept PID, IR or super toxic sensors. Equipped with a strong internal sample pump, a man-down alarm, a panic alarm, an LED flashlight, and large auto rotating LCD display, the GX-6000 can operate as a single gas PID unit or a multifunctional tool utilizing all 6 channels. The GX-6000 with a PID sensor will come equipped with a library of over 600 VOC gases to choose from as standard. Choosing from the library is easy with a personalized favorites list of 30 commonly used VOC’s as well as a list of 8 of the most recently used VOC’s. The GX-6000 has a rugged design built for the nastiest environments. It is equipped with a removable impact-resistant rubber boot and a dust and water resistant enclosure with an IP-67 rating. With 5 bright LED lights on 3 sides of the instrument, alarms are easily seen from a variety of perspectives. With vibration and loud audible alarm, GX-6000 will easily alert users when needed.
- Monitor up to 6 gases
- 2 smart slots that auto recognize PID, IR, and super toxic sensors
- Library of over 600 VOCs
- PPM Leak Check mode
- Man-down alarm
- Panic alarm
- Auto display rotation
- LED Light source
- Internal sample pump
- Glove friendly buttons
- Light weight, small, rugged IP-67 design
- Interchangeable battery packs Li-ion / alkaline
- Operates up to 14 hours on Li-ion battery pack, fully recharges in 3 hours
- Field replaceable sensors, batteries, filters & pump
- Current time display
- Confined Space Entry
- Hazmat Response Teams
- Arson Investigation
- Remediation Site
- Perimeter Monitoring
- Leak Detection
- Landfill Monitoring
One of the many unique features that separates the GX-6000 from it’s competitive models is the PID sensor. With a PID sensor installed, the GX-6000 has a library of over 600 VOC compounds. The closest competitive unit has a library of only 190 VOC’s. No need to go through any complex procedures to add compounds to the GX-6000. With just a few button presses you can change to any one of the other 600 VOC’s and then be ready to monitor. No other configuration or calibrations are needed. Just choose and go. With over 600 VOC’s to choose from, we’ve also added some tools to make it easier to find the VOC’s you’re looking for. Instead of scrolling through the entire list of 600, use the Recent menu which will store the previous 7 VOC’s used on the instrument. Or, use the User List menu, which stores 30 VOC’s of your choosing. Quick, convenient, and simple. Also available for download is a spreadsheet containing the library of 600 VOC gases programmed into the GX-6000. This list shows each VOC available as well as the response factor assuming a standard isobutylene calibration. These response factors are also programmed into the GX-6000, so there is no need to recalibrate the GX-6000 each time the user changes VOC target gases. Just select the VOC and the instrument will display the appropriate response for the chosen VOC that is being measured.
How to Calibrate the GX-6000
- Verify gas blend and expiration date
- Press and hold Air, wait for monitor to beep and screen to say zero. Release when complete.
- Press and hold the Shift button, then press once on the Disp/Lock button on the upper left. Release both buttons
- Scroll to to Gas Select using Down button.
- Press the Enter button to begin calibration.
- Attach the calibration gas bottle to the inlet port on the RKI GX-6000 and the 4-gas blend.
- Wait for calibration to complete, then remove the tubing from the monitor. If you are calibrating a PID sensor, complete the process by choosing Gas Select and then pressing down on the menu. The monitor will now be set to calibrate the next sensor on the other cylinder of gas.
- Congrats, you're all done!
Standard Sensor Settings for the RKI GX-6000
|Calibration Gas Value
|H2S - Hydrogen Sulfide
|CO - Carbon Monoxide
|LEL - Methane Curve
|O2 - Oxygen